Saturday, June 7, 2008

Congratulations, Senator Barack Obama, here's what I call for

Congratulations, Sen. Obama, on your historic victory. As a Zen Poet, I look forward to repeating your melodious name for the next 8 years or so.

I regret that I cannot offer you my whole-hearted support: I support Rep. Dennis Kucinich. I call on you to reform our electoral process. In light of the Pentagon Propaganda Program, in light of the obvious participation in his exclusion by the Democratic Party itself, campaign finance reform doesn't begin to cure what ails our body politic.

Jacking the nation by perverting our shared narrative is a long-standing tradition. You show a genius for expressing the spirit of our times. I call on you to honor this spirit above all else. I call on you to resist the temptation to myth-jack our nation.

No comments: