Thursday, June 19, 2008

McClellan's Apotheosis: "the beginning of The Disillusionment."












AMY GOODMAN: So did Scooter Libby and Karl Rove lie to you?

SCOTT McCLELLAN: That’s the only conclusion I can draw. They knowingly misled me. There’s no other explanation for it, because I asked them point blank if they were involved.
[....]
I was in a tough spot. And it was a problem that I could not defend my previous comments from two years ago or correct the record about those comments. And it led to my last ten months as being press secretary. It led to a very disillusioning period for me. That was the beginning of the disillusionment.
Adapted from Wikipedia:

According to Joseph Campbell, apotheosis is the expansion of consciousness that we all experiences after defeating our essential foe.


No comments: