Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Iglesias's Apotheosis: "working for the Sith Lords, y'know."

M 16 JUNE 2008 THE DAILY SHOW



No audio? Click "Links to this post," scroll up. Only Comedy Central videos seem to be missing the audio track--for now. Don't have a clue why.

@5:45 JON STEWART: Is the greatest disappointment for you that you were a guy who believed in what they were doing and probably still believe in the political end of it, to be... do you feel betrayed in that sense?

DAVID IGLESIAS: Yeah, and to use a Star Wars kind've image, I thought I was working with the Jedi Knights and I was working for the Sith Lords, y'know.

JON STEWART: I wanna tell ya something--

AUDIENCE: WOO-HOO!

JON STEWART: I wanna tell ya somthing, for the audience for this show, you could not have used a better example....

Adapted from Wikipedia:

According to Joseph Campbell, apotheosis is the expansion of consciousness that we all experiences after defeating our essential foe.


No comments: